The last time I saw Eka was in the 90's

Eka at BWI Airport - February 2, 2011

During my senior year I studied in London, where I met Eka, another study abroad student.  Her friendship was a blessing, I was invited to have a London Thanksgiving with her gregarious sister and warm spoken mother (who searched all over town for a turkey), I learned about the Left Coast and was, most of all,  enriched by her perspective on this world.  Last night, for the first time in 15 years, we met again in person.  We would write handwritten letters in my AmeriCorps days, and then emails and phone conversations and now we can keep tabs through social media, but it was a special gift to have her in front of me, what a wonderful hour.   While I have grown older (and look it), she has yet to age.  It must be the California water and the pura vida.  

Blessings to Eka and all good friends, near and far.  

Popular Posts