London Football Match - England vs. Poland



I still remember this day well. I was walking to class and the drinking had already started in preparation for the England vs. Poland match.
A full day of classes later, I returned to my flat on Knox Street and fortunately had my camera with me.

I snapped a couple of photographs before a few unhappy patrons in the crowd quickly grew upset with me. Fortunately, the handrail that is visible at the bottom of the frame was at the top of a stairwell, so I was protected by a practical barrier and moved along home. Most of my film from that trip was ruined by the x-ray machines but I was so excited by this image, I purchased some chemicals and developed the film in my bathtub.

I posted this image a year ago but just started an ETSY account and, as this is one of my favorite images, made this picture one of  the first uploads to the site.  Yes indeed, now YOU can own this very image for that very special immature someone in your life.

There are some other favorites from the street here.

Popular Posts