Sunflower and Son

I find myself a bit reflective today.  I opened an Etsy shop last week and have been going through images and posting a new image each day and writing a little narrative for each.  I came across the sunflower this morning.


The quick story follows from the shop description:

The summer after my son turned one I started gardening. I grow only vegetables (much to the dismay of some flower loving friends).  The lone exception being sunflowers which find their way into the soil every few years.

My boy learned to say "hi" to this flower and, when he was in my arms, the flower and child were at the same height.  This image is over my mother's dining room table in New Hampshire and my young boy is now half way to being a man.  He not only can look in wonder at the flowers and plants, but now he helps grow, water, and harvest the bounty. 


I live a charmed life, this is just one of many images that offers such a sweet reminder.  

Quick Link to the Sunflower Print on Etsy.

Popular Posts