Fresh Strawberries in the Garden

A few years ago I planted a strawberry patch in a raised bed near the entrance to our house.  It has expanded each year and just "popped" over the weekend.  We were out in the yard hunting for the first turned berries and debating which ones were ready, and therefore open game, and which ones needed another day.  Now, there is no such waiting as the strawberries have sprung. 

I fashioned a macro lens by hot gluing caps together so I could use an old Canon FD mount lens with my DSLR.  While it was never a sharp lens and is further degraded when put into service in this manner, it still allowed me to mount it to my 20D (now that I trust it won't hurt the camera I might mount it to something with more resolution) and play with the arriving strawberries, minute details that is are easily missed, and the amazing fashion in which the water clings to, and dancing with, the peddles.

Popular Posts